Halloween is a day that we eagerly wait for every year. A day that brings out a lot of our childhood memories. A day that help us form countless memories with family, friends or colleagues.
History of Halloween!
It is an annual holiday celebrated each year on October 31. Its origination connects with the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain, A day when people would light bonfires, wear costumes to ward off ghosts and celebrate it with great fervor. The evening right before Halloween was earlier known as All Hallows Eve and later became Halloween.
We all want to make the annual celebration memorable and grand. We all are willing to do anything to make it more special whether it is organizing the celebration party or arranging the befitting props and costumes for Halloween. If there is one opportunity to bring the real you, or the creative side of you then it is none other than Halloween.
“Lighting is one of the most important part of this festival. A good light decoration sets the tone for a memorable Halloween and nostalgic pictures. Here are some pro tips for your light decoration and clever ideas for Halloween.”
- Start with the theme of your decoration, choose colors that contrast and stand out and look spooky at the same time. Just making it dark won’t do, you don’t want people to stumble and fall. I’ll suggest you to create atmosphere with blue and green spotlights and add orange and red lights as accent lights.
Pro Tip: Avoid white lights in decoration, it brings down the spookiness.
- Change the lights of garage and porch. Remove white lights and put orange or red bulb, this gives visibility without overwhelming decoration.
- String lights which use mostly on Christmas are great for Halloween too. Use purple and orange lights over fences, arbors or bushes just like Christmas decoration just avoid white string lights.
Pro Tip: Use path lights, they serve dual purpose, look spooky and people can see where they are going.
- Special or additional lighting can be used at the corners, under the shade or stairs to make it look appealing, spooky and surprising for the guests and colleagues. It all depends on the lighting arrangements.
- No Halloween is complete without pumpkin; you can put real carved ones or plastic ones. If you use it wisely both create same effect, put it in surprising places rather than just in plain sight. Be creative, don’t be cliché.
Using the right kind of lighting and at the right place would make the arrangement even better and add more light to the Halloween celebration. It all comes down to using the lighting properly along with the props and the setup.
Lighting can add spark to the celebration and uplift the fervor even more but we know it may be time consuming to find the right electrical company that understands your needs and offers the right kind of electrical lights for Halloween.
If you are looking for companies that can solve the problem and make the celebration even better then look no further. We are the licensed electrician and specialize in commercial lighting in Ottawa and all types of electrical repair.
We understand what our customers need when they look for lighting tips and solutions particularly for the Halloween. Get in touch today for special Halloween offers and packages. Our company has been helping customers with the best lighting arrangements for many years. We are one of the most trusted electrical companies in Ottawa. Wait no further and get in touch with us. We believe in offering quality lighting products and services across the region because we are your neighbors too. This is festive season and let’s celebrate it together.